Vancouver Affordable Housing Endowment Fund (VAHEF)
The Vancouver Affordable Housing Endowment Fund (VAHEF) will consolidate all city-owned non-market housing assets into a single portfolio with a mandate to preserve and grow the City’s affordable housing stock in a sustainable way.
- Affordability: Create and maintain homes that are affordable to a diversity of Vancouver residents earning lower incomes and for those living in poverty or at risk of homelessness
- Growth: Invest in new affordable housing in line with the demand
- Health and safety: Manage the portfolio of affordable housing assets through appropriate operation, maintenance, renewal, development, and redevelopment to ensure safe and healthy homes
- Community and security: Provide long-term homes that support residents’ participation in the community and increases their sense of social inclusion and security
- Financial sustainability: Maintain the financial sustainability of the endowment to continually contribute to meeting housing needs