Seven designated plazas will participate in this year's program.
The Drinking in Public Plazas Program was created to:
- Provide no-cost, flexible socializing options for people enjoying Vancouver’s public spaces
- Enable residents to responsibly enjoy an alcoholic drink outdoors, whether or not they have access to a backyard or other private outdoor space
- Support local businesses’ recovery efforts
At designated plazas participating in the program, visitors can bring their own drinks, enjoy take-out from local businesses, socialize, people watch, have a picnic, and enjoy the urban outdoors during the summer and fall.
This program was created following a two-year pilot, and Council’s approval of the Alcohol Consumption in Public Plazas Policy.
Public plazas where drinking is allowed
- Cambie St and 17th Ave
- Cambie St and 18th Ave
- Granville St and 13th Ave
- Granville St and 14th Ave
- Main St and 21st Ave
- Lot 19 (855 W Hastings St)
- Maple St and 4th Ave (spring/summer only, May 15 to October 16, 2023)
Hours of operation
- 11am to 9pm daily (May 15 to October 16, 2023)
- 11am to 5pm daily (October 17, 2023, to May 14, 2024)
About the program
Resources and documents
Contact us and provide feedback