We have completed construction on the ferry dock at Sunset Beach next to the Vancouver Aquatic Centre.
The new dock is now open and features a number of design elements built to increase overall usability, meet green design goals, and improve accessibility for users with all levels of mobility, including:
- Upgraded lighting along the gangways, platforms, and ferry float, designed to minimize glare on adjacent areas and marine life
- A new shelter for ferry passengers and dock users
- Increased capacity for ferries and small boats during low tide conditions, including dingy moorage space which will be available for up to three hours at a time
- Steel piles, aluminum platforms, and gangways for added overall resilience
- New space for public watercraft users