We’re upgrading critical water and street infrastructure along the west side of Boundary Rd from E 1st Ave to Grandview Hwy.
Work includes installing a new water main that will have a life expectancy about 100 years.
We’re also coordinating improvements to the street along with upgrades to communications infrastructure to minimize longer-term disruptions from construction:
- Street and sidewalk rehabilitation
- Safety improvements at the Boundary Rd and 1st Ave intersection
- Traffic signal upgrades at the 1st Ave and Lougheed Hwy intersection
- New street lighting
- New ducts for future fibre optics
Construction activity is underway at the intersections of Boundary Rd and Lougheed Hwy and at Boundary Rd and E 1st Ave. Minor traffic impacts can be expected during working hours.
Did you know?
Boundary Rd is part of TransLink’s Major Road Network and is maintained by two municipalities:
- City of Vancouver maintains the west portion
- City of Burnaby maintains the east portion
Phase 1: E 1st Ave to Grandview Hwy
Spring 2019 to winter 2019
Phase 2: south of the railway crossing to Grandview Hwy
Winter 2019 to spring 2020
Monday to Friday: 7am to 7pm, extended hours as needed
Weekends: as needed
Greenest City is a bold initiative that addresses Vancouver's environmental challenges.