What you need to know
First time buying a permit? Before you buy, get familiar with the rules, eligibility, required documents, fees, zones, and more.
Renew your permit starting on the first day of the month that your permit expires – just buy a new permit for the year ahead.
Do you have a Kitsilano North, Kitsilano South, or Robson North parking permit?
Your annual parking permit expires November 30, 2022. Buy your permit for the coming year starting November 1, 2022.
Buy a permit online or by phone
You can buy your permit online or by phone if you meet these requirements:
- Resident of the permit zone
- Registered owner or lessee of the vehicle
- Declared principal operator of the vehicle and have valid ICBC insurance that shows your current address on both pages 1 and 2 of your insurance documents
- Have a valid email address and credit card
West End resident?
To buy a permit by phone, call 3-1-1 (open 7am to 10pm daily).
Buy a permit in person
You need to buy your permit in person if you are:
- The declared principal operator of the vehicle and have ICBC insurance that shows a different mailing address on page 1 from your address in the permit zone on page 2
- The driver of someone else's vehicle, driver of a company car, dual resident, homecare provider, student from outside of BC, or a new resident from out of province
- Purchasing a short term or visitor permit
- Applying for the West End Zone Permit at the non-market rate and aren't enrolled in the Leisure Access Program
- Paying with cash or debit
Know the rules
Find out if you are eligible for a permit
Gather the required documents for an annual permit
Review the annual permit fees and a detailed map of each permit zone
Gather the required documents for a short-term or visitor permit
Find out where you can apply in person for your parking permit
Know where to attach your decal
Find out where and how to get a refund
Let us know if your parking permit was not received in the mail within 10 business days.