Starting January 1, 2024, the commercial vehicle permit program is changing. Learn more about the new benefits
City of Vancouver commercial vehicle decals are valid:
- January 1 to December 31
- Within the boundaries of the City of Vancouver
We offer commercial vehicle permits to make it easier for businesses to move goods by providing benefits like stopping in commercial loading zones and lanes.
Get access to the benefits and avoid being ticketed by getting a commercial vehicle decal when you purchase a permit.
If your vehicle has no permanent signage that clearly identifies your company name, you will also need to purchase a commercial vehicle licence plate. The licence plate and decal must be displayed on your vehicle.
Starting on January 1, 2024, those who hold a valid commercial vehicle decal and licence plate (if required) can:
- Stop in commercial loading zones and lanes for up to 30 minutes to load or unload materials.
- Stop in passenger zones for up to 30 minutes (before noon) while loading or unloading goods or materials.
- Use a metered parking space for free on any day until 11am, except if noted by other regulatory signage that otherwise prohibits stopping.
- Park in residential permit parking and resident parking only zones for up to 3 hours to load or unload materials or to provide services between 7am and 6pm, any day of the week, for $3 per hour.
Commercial decals and licence plates (if required) can be purchased for the next year starting on November 20, 2023, using the instructions below.
Annual fees for decals are based on gross vehicle weight. If your vehicle needs a licence plate, there is an additional annual fee. The fees are set for decals and licence plates in the Street and Traffic By-law 2849 PDF file (797 KB).
Displaying your decal and licence plate correctly
- Decals: Affix on your front window just below the rearview mirror
- Licence plates: Securely fasten to the front of your vehicle, or display on your dashboard
Decals and licence plates must be visible from the exterior of your vehicle.
Managing your licence
Need to park on the Granville Mall?
Access and parking along Granville Street between Hastings and Smithe streets—the Granville Mall area—is not open to general vehicular traffic. Find out if you need a Granville Mall permit to access and park here.
Contact Revenue Services
Ground Floor, City Hall
453 W 12th Avenue
Monday to Friday
8:30am to 5pm