We’re making critical sewer upgrades along Pine St from W 5th Ave to W 8th Ave.
Work includes the replacement of approximately 300 metres of sewers to better serve this growing neighbourhood and green infrastructure improvements to enhance rainwater management.
In coordination with these sewer upgrades, there’s also an opportunity to improve Pine St to make it safer and more comfortable for everyone.
Construction underway until spring 2021
Sewer main construction and temporary road restoration is now complete. Construction is underway at various locations in the project area. This work includes:
- Curb and gutter spot repairs and replacements as needed
- Restoration of several curb bulges and drop ramps
- Installation of green rainwater infrastructure
- Full curb to curb street restoration on Pine St between 5th Ave and 8th Ave
Information icon Temporary parking restrictions on Pine St and small sections of the cross streets remain in effect during construction.
Work will primarily take place along Pine St from W 5th Ave to West 8th Ave.
- Summer 2020 to spring 2021
Monday to Friday: 7am to 5pm, extended hours as needed
Weekends: as needed