Parking meter tips
- Parking meters are in effect from 9am to 10pm, 7 days a week, including statutory holidays.
- Report a broken meter. Do not park at it. You will get a ticket.
- Daytime rates (9am to 6pm) may be different from evening rates (6pm to 10pm).
- Before paying, check if there are parking restrictions in effect, such as rush hour, special events, or construction.
- Pay with the PayByPhone app and get text alerts when your session expires and extend it.
Time-limited and pay parking is located throughout the city, typically in areas that have high parking demand.
Parking time limits, pay parking, and other regulations help to:
- Make sure you can find on-street parking near destinations such as shops, services, and amenities
- Manage streets in industrial areas
- Serve residential visitors and service providers in denser neighbourhoods
- Minimize unnecessary searching for parking, congestion, traffic safety risks, GHG production, and air pollution