To build our budget each year, we must balance the need to provide services, facilities, and infrastructure that meet the needs of our residents and businesses with the desire to keep property tax and utility rate increases at a manageable level.
Because of the 2022 municipal election, the timeline for the 2023 budget is different from previous years to give the newly elected Council time to consider the budget. Public engagement will also take place in early 2023.
Get to know the 2023 Draft Current State Budget
The 2023 Draft Current State Budget:
- Is a starting point for discussion and engagement with Council
- Will help align the multi-year planning with the new Council’s priorities
- May be changed or revised by Council and Boards before being finalized in the spring
Our key challenges and opportunities, property tax scenarios, capital budget, and draft operating budget.
Ways to participate
On November 29, 2022, the Draft Current State Operating and Capital Budget will be presented to City Council. Council is scheduled to deliberate and vote on the budget at their December 6 meeting.
- Attend in person or watch the live-stream
- Sign up to speak during Council
- Contact Mayor and Council directly to provide feedback
2023 budget process timeline
Establish Five-Year Financial Plan
Develop Budget Outlook
Council review of Budget Outlook
Develop service plans
Develop Draft Budget for Council consideration
We are here
Discussion/interim decision on Draft Current State Operating and Capital Budget 2023
Council priority setting
Council approves final 2023 Budget