City Council is working together to build a sustainable city where everyone can live, work, and thrive.
Vibrant Vancouver: City Council’s Strategic Priorities 2023-2026 PDF file (490 KB) outlines 9 strategic objectives and key aligned work for each. This provides a guiding framework for Council and staff to make decisions.
Council's 9 strategic objectives
- Vibrant and diverse - We do all we can to ensure Vancouver is a dynamic and vibrant city, with a great range of exciting and engaging amenities and events throughout the city.
- Housing - We work with senior governments and other partners to address the local housing crisis, with the goal of ensuring that appropriate housing options are available for everyone in Vancouver.
- Supporting business - We ensure the City is doing our part to ensure our local economy is robust and resilient, and Vancouver is a place in which businesses can thrive and succeed.
- City services and infrastructure - We deliver the high-quality city services and public infrastructure that make Vancouver a healthy, safe, beautiful and enjoyable place for everyone
- Safety and security - We work to provide effective emergency response and emergency planning services that make Vancouver safe and enjoyable for everyone.
- Climate emergency - We are responding to the climate emergency through environmental initiatives, greenhouse gas emission reductions, and climate change adaptation measures.
- Healthy, inclusive, and equitable - We put Vancouverites’ physical and mental health front and centre as we make service, infrastructure and policy decisions, and strive to alleviate barriers to residents’ well-being and sense of belonging.
- Reconciliation - We maintain mutually respectful relationships with and work to support and advance the rights of local Indigenous Nations and urban Indigenous Peoples.
- Good government – We responsibly steward the public funds with which we are entrusted, ensure we have an efficient administrative infrastructure, and maintain a high-performing, engaged workforce.