Commissioner John Coupar of the Non-Partisan Association (NPA) party joins the Park Board for a third term.
He is well known for his successful effort to keep the Bloedel Conservatory at Queen Elizabeth Park. He was a founding director of the Friends of the Bloedel, and since his election in 2011 has been responsible for continuing efforts to restore and promote the iconic facility.
Commissioner Coupar’s goal is to increase park maintenance standards, park safety, and public park infrastructure, such as pools, seniors centres, and recreation facilities. He is a champion for horticultural excellence and believes in responsible management, smart sustainability, and creating a healthy and enjoyable way of life for all Vancouver residents.
Park Board liaison
- Bloedel Strategic Advisory Committee
- Chinatown Historic Area Planning Committee
- Douglas Park Community Association
- False Creek Community Association
- Hastings Park Conservancy
- Jericho Sailing Centre Association
- Kensington Community Association
- Public Art Committee
Contact Commissioner John Coupar
Vancouver Board of Parks & Recreation
2099 Beach Ave
Vancouver, BC V6G 1Z4