You'll have to bring along your photo ID and fill out a registration form.
Reference guides to help you navigate the Archives
These reference guides will provide you with an introduction to some of the records that are most frequently requested at the Archives.
- City directories PDF file (470 KB)
- City of Vancouver annual reports PDF file (112 KB)
- Environmental site assessments PDF file (267 KB)
- Fire insurance maps PDF file (486 KB)
- Geneaology PDF file (264 KB)
- Maritime history PDF file (242 KB)
- Neighbourhoods PDF file (212 KB)
- Newspapers PDF file (156 KB)
- Research buildings and houses PDF file (329 KB)
- Property tax records PDF file (461 KB)
Archivists and reference staff
Archivists and reference staff are available from 10am to 5pm to:
- Discuss projects and strategies.
- Point out possible archival sources.
- Show you how to use the finding aids.
Request items from the stacks
You can request items from the stacks between 10am and 4:30pm. All stack items must be returned by 4:45pm.
Looking for past website content?
Search archived content from vancouver.ca on Archive-it.