The Sign By-law applies to all signs on private property, including signs encroaching over a street or lane.
The by-law doesn't apply to the following:
- Signs located in streets, lanes, or in public parks
- Signs located inside a building that aren't visible or intended to be visible from a street
- Signs required by law
Sign Bylaw user guides
Sign district regulations
Part 7: Sign districts
Part 8: Residential Sign District
Part 9: Commercial, Mixed-Use, and Industrial Sign District
Part 10: Chinatown and Gastown Historic Sign District
Part 11: West End Sign District
Part 12: Granville Street Sign District
Part 13: Rogers Arena Sign District
Part 14: International Village Sign District
Other administrative provisions
Schedules that list all the CD-1 zoning districts that have been assigned to a sign district:
- Schedule A: CD-1 zoning districts regulated by Part 9 PDF file (150 KB)
- Schedule B: CD-1 zoning districts regulated by Part 10, 12, 13, or 14 PDF file (20 KB)
Any CD-1 zone not listed in Schedule A or B is assigned to the Residential Sign District.
Review the Sign Fee By-law PDF file (110 KB) for more information about fees.
Sign By-law amendment applications
688 Hamilton St - Queen Elizabeth Theatre (RZ-2020-00038)
- In progress
- Application received September 21, 2020
We've received an application to amend the existing Sign By-law for four signs at 688 Hamilton St (Queen Elizabeth Theatre).