The Vancouver Economic Commission (VEC) is a non-profit agency, wholly owned and governed by the City of Vancouver.
VEC works to build a prosperous, inclusive, zero-carbon, and resilient local economy, competitively positioned in the global market by:
- Conducting and consolidating economic data and research
- Promoting and advocating for Vancouver’s economy to all levels of government and industry
- Delivering targeted programs to support the local business ecosystem in its journey towards a just and green economy
- Closely aligning, supporting, and providing policy recommendations to City Council and staff
- Proactively collaborating with business, academia, non-profits, and government organizations to further VEC’s priorities for the Vancouver economy
The VEC is primarily sector agnostic and focused on issues-based economic transformation initiatives orientated around VEC’s core pledges as outlined in its annual corporate plan.
There are three categories of board membership: the Board of Directors, the Vancouver Economic Development Advisory Board, and the Honorary Board.
Resources for advisory committee members
- Accessible events checklist and resources
Helps for planning events that are equally accessible and inclusive, including for people with disabilities, seniors, and people who identify as 2SLGBTQ+
- Code of Conduct Policy PDF file (228 KB)
Sets minimum expectations for the behaviour of Council officials and advisory body members in carrying out their functions
- Guidelines for Civic Agencies PDF file (260 KB)
Explains the roles and responsibilities of members and liaisons and provides an overview of member procedures
- Diversity on Advisory Bodies PDF file (30 KB)
Establishes targets to achieve diverse demographic composition on advisory bodies.
- Procedure Bylaw PDF file (206 KB)
Regulates the procedures of Council and its committees and other bodies
Contact the Vancouver Economic Commission
500-555 W 8th Ave
Vancouver, BC V5Z 1C6