Terms of reference
The Vancouver Sports Network provides:
- A channel for sport stakeholders to communicate with each other about sport development programs and services
- Advice to City Council and the Park Board on sport interests in Vancouver
- Advocacy on behalf of local sports to all levels of government to support sport development in Vancouver
- Information to the sport community and potential participants
Our vision for Vancouver is, by 2015 we will:
- Have a dynamic and forward-looking sport system that enables all Vancouver residents to experience and enjoy sport to the best of their abilities and interest, resulting in a high level of participation and performance
- Be fair, inclusive, safe, and welcoming for all
- Be recognized for a significant contribution to the development and sustainability of the city, and the health and wellness of Vancouver residents
Our values are adapted from True Sport Principles. True Sport is a Canadian movement that recognizes and promotes the life skills and values of community sport.
Vancouver was declared a True Sport community by City Council in March 2010.
- Wellness – Vancouver supports physical literacy for children and adults to lead healthy, active lifestyles through sport.
- Inclusion – Vancouver provides accessible opportunities for sport participation within a welcoming, sustainable, and culturally diverse sport environment.
- Excellence – Vancouver promotes program and event excellence, and opportunities for residents to reach the highest levels of sport performance.
- Fairness – Vancouver encourages ethical sport and supports programs that lead to positive personal and community development.
Find out more about True Sport
Meetings are held every other month on the second Wednesday of the month at 6:30pm.