New park at 18th and Main
The Vancouver Board of Parks and Recreation has completed a new park at the corner of Main Street and 18th Avenue. The newly constructed park will act as a gateway to the mid-Main district and serve both the Riley Park and Mount Pleasant communities. Design elements in the park include:
- The use of storm-water infiltration technologies
- The maintenance of existing trees
- The addition of new trees and shrubs
- The creation of a memorable aesthetic experience
- Sod berms for relaxing and picnicking
- Abundant tables and chairs for sitting and hanging out
The park will also house a new public art piece designed by Gisele Amantea.
The design of the park embodies the principles that are cornerstones of Vancouver’s Greenest City initiatives.