People and Programs
The health of people, the health of places, and the health of the planet are tightly tied together.
How we plan our city and our neighbourhoods affects:
- The air we breathe and the water we drink
- Our ability to get around
- Where and in what type of housing we live
- What food we have access to
- What kinds of jobs are available and how long it takes to get to work
- How much and what kind of green space we can play and rest in
- How safe, connected, and included we feel in our neighbourhoods
Community plans are important road maps that provide clear but flexible frameworks to guide positive change and development in neighbourhoods
When individuals have the tools to get and stay healthy, it contributes to the health of communities. Find programs and services that focus on personal wellness.
The health and vitality of Vancouver's communities is one of the reasons the city is considered one of the best places on earth to live.
Council is committed to ending street homelessness by 2015, and increasing affordable housing choices for all residents of the city.