Apply for a single room accommodation (SRA) conversion and demolition permit

To alter, convert, or demolish rooms in your SRA-designated building, or carry out work that will require tenant relocation, you must first apply for an SRA conversion or demolition permit. Other City permits may also be required.

Most permits are issued in four to six months, depending on:

How to apply

Step 1: Request a pre-application meeting

Step 2: Submit your permit application (and tenant relocation plan, if required)

Step 3: We review your application

Step 4: We recommend permit conditions for Council or the chief housing officer to consider

Step 5: City Council or the chief housing officer decides on your application

Step 6: You meet the conditions of your permit

Step 7: We issue your permit

Step 8: Complete the permitted work

Contact the SRA Bylaw coordinator

Have questions about the SRA permit process? Ready to request a pre-application meeting? Get in touch.