How this project will improve the city
Increase the capacity of SW Marine Drive as part of the Major Road Network
The Major Road Network is made up of approximately 600km of roads across the Lower Mainland that facilitate the efficient movement of goods and people by connecting the provincial highway system with local streets. Upgrades will allow this portion of the network to continue its role as part of goods movement to and from South Vancouver and UBC.
Upgrade sewer main infrastructure
Once replaced, the pipes are expected to serve the neighbourhood for 100 years.
Enhance the safety of people driving, walking, and cycling
We'll be upgrading the existing bike lane along this route to meet current best practices and safety codes.
Learn more about the bikeway improvements
How this project may affect you
This project requires a full closure of SW Marine Drive from Granville Street to Camosun Street.
- Local traffic will be maintained
- Truck traffic will be routed to W 41st Avenue
- Through traffic will be rerouted locally
Left turn at East Boulevard restricted
- The left turn bay at East Boulevard and W 41st has been temporarily removed to help facilitate the rerouted 49 buses to turn southbound onto East Boulevard from W 41st.
- Left turns are still permitted from the middle lane.
- The left turn will be reinstated once SW Marine Drive is reopened and the 49 bus can return to its normal route.
Access to residences and businesses
Access to residences and businesses will be maintained at all times. Sidewalks and crosswalks will generally be maintained during construction.
Residents and businesses can request a vehicle decal to access the area
Parking restrictions will shift as needed to accommodate construction activity, and regulations may be temporarily changed on adjacent streets. In general, on-street parking in construction areas is not permitted from 7:30am to 5:30pm.
Check signs for up-to-date regulations.
We will provide advance notice of any disruption to your water supply, except if there is an emergency. During construction, you may occasionally notice cloudy water. This cloudiness is not a health concern and will usually go away within a few hours.
Get help with water quality and water pressure problems