The Adanac Bikeway extends from downtown Vancouver to Boundary Road and connects to Burnaby’s Francis Union Bikeway.
It is currently one of the busiest bikeways in the city, and is a crucial connection in the overall cycling network.
- Encourage people of all ages and abilities to get around their city by walking and cycling in a comfortable, convenient, and enjoyable way.
- Address safety concerns at the intersection of Main Street and Union Street.
- Improve walking route along Union Street between Quebec Street and Main Street.
- Reduce vehicles volumes along the Adanac Bikeway east of Gore Avenue through traffic calming at the intersection of Union Street and Gore Avenue.
- Discuss options to improve the bike parking demand by introducing more bike parking facilities east of Gore Avenue.