Roundup of Business at City Council for the week of June 12, 2023
City Council met this week to hear and discuss a variety of topics during Council, and Standing Committee on City Finance and Services.
Tuesday, June 13
This week’s Council began with the approval of the following reports and referral reports on consent:
- Plumbing and Administrative Amendments to the Vancouver Building By-law, Water Works By-law and By-law Notice Enforcement By-law PDF file (113 KB)
- Directions Report: Consideration of Modification to Conditions of Approval 1616-1698 West Georgia Street, CD-1 (812) PDF file (326 KB)
- Auditor General Committee Recommendations Transmittal Report PDF file (1.2 MB)
- Business Licence Hearing Panels – September to December 2023 PDF file (163 KB)
- Simplifying Development Permit Requirements and Alleviating Sewer Infrastructure Issues PDF file (756 KB)
- Rezoning: 2596-2660 East 41st Avenue PDF file (507 KB)
- Rezoning: 3581 West 30th Avenue PDF file (507 KB)
- CD-1 Rezoning: 2001-2025 West 41st Avenue and 5683-5687 Maple Street PDF file (1.5 MB)
- Miscellaneous Amendments Concerning Various CD-1 By-laws PDF file (289 KB)
- Rezoning: 5650-5690 Blenheim Street PDF file (578 KB)
- Rezoning: 5526-5592 Granville Street and 1498 West 39th Avenue PDF file (827 KB)
- Rezoning: 3539 Hull Street PDF file (561 KB)
- Rezoning: 550-606 East King Edward Avenue PDF file (586 KB)
- CD-1 Rezoning: 1961-1995 East Broadway and 2465 Semlin Drive PDF file (1.1 MB)
- CD-1 Rezoning: 618 West 32nd Avenue PDF file (1 MB)
After that, Council received a presentation on Permitting and Licensing Update PDF file (1.5 MB) and approved a motion on the presentation. The following communication and referral report were also approved by Council:
- Appointment of Council Liaisons to Civic Agencies PDF file (147 KB)
- False Creek North Social Housing Delivery: Amendments to the False Creek North Official Development Plan and consequential CD-1 By-law Amendments PDF file (19 MB)
New business item, FCM Resolution for Submission: Building an Advocacy Case to increase Government of Canada Support for Literacy Programs, was also approved by Council.
Wednesday, June 14
The Standing Committee on City Finance and Services began with the approval of Approval of Below-Market Licenses for Zero Waste Demonstration Site Pilot at City Owned Property 1198 East Kent Avenue South PDF file (675 KB) on consent.
After that, the Standing Committee received a presentation on YVR Annual Update to Mayor and City Council PDF file (1.2 MB), and then approved the following Member’s Motions:
- Climate Emergency Action Plan – Additional and Accelerated Climate Measures PDF file (313 KB) – with amendments
- Requests for Leaves of Absence PDF file (11 KB)
- Endorsing the Transit for Teens Campaign to Extend BC’s Get on Board Program up to Age 18 PDF file (17.7 KB) - with amendments
- Support for the Filipino Cultural Centre in Vancouver Campaign PDF file (16.6 KB)
A Council meeting was convened immediately following the Standing Committee meeting in which Council approved the recommendations and actions of the preceding Standing Committee on City Finance and Services.
Thursday, June 15
A Public Hearing convened on Thursday, June 15 at 1 pm, where Council considered the following items:
- Rezoning: 2325-2377 West 49th Avenue PDF file (120 KB)
- Rezoning: 3803-3823 West 10th Avenue PDF file (121 KB)
- CD-1 Rezoning: 427-449 West 39th Avenue PDF file (114 KB)
- Broadway Plan Implementation – Amendments to Zoning and Development By-law and Guidelines PDF file (98 KB)
The next regular meeting of Council is scheduled for Tuesday, June 27, 2023 at 9:30 am. Find agendas and meeting reports on council.vancouver.ca.