Traffic impacts for upcoming events in Stanley Park
In September Stanley Park will play host to a series of large-scale events that will result in traffic impacts throughout the park. Congestion is expected, particularly at exits and entrances to the park.
In anticipation of this, we are asking visitors to consider leaving their vehicles at home, or parking outside of the park. Alternative modes of transportation, such as public transit, walking, biking and rolling will be the most efficient ways to get to and around the park during these special events. By reducing non-essential vehicle travel, we hope to ensure people with disabilities and accessibility needs can and are able to access the park.
- Select roads and parking lots will be temporarily closed. Further details noted below.
- Congestion at the entry to Stanley Park from Georgia Street and the exit from North Lagoon Drive, as traffic merges with Lions Gate Bridge traffic.
- Signage will be in place to indicate diversions.
Upcoming Special Events
Monday, September 4
6:30am to 10:30am
- All roads in Stanley Park closed. The seawall will remain open throughout the event.
For further information, please visit: multisportscanada.com/events/vancouver-triathlon/ External website, opens in new tab
Saturday, September 9
4am to 8:30am
- Partial closure, Stanley Park Drive, east of Avison Way.
5:30am to 8:30am
- Full closure, Avison Way, Pipeline Road and Stanley Park Drive.
- Full closure, northbound Stanley Park Causeway and Lions Gate Bridge. Single lane, southbound Stanley Park Causeway and Lions Gate Bridge.
- All roads in Stanley Park and Lions Gate Bridge reopen to vehicle traffic.
For more information on impacts of the event and road closures, please visit: rbcgranfondo.com/whistler/traffic-advisories/ External website, opens in new tab
Battle of Britain Memorial Ceremony
Sunday, September 10
8am to 3pm
- Full closure, Rose Garden Lane.
The Great Outdoors Comedy Festival
Monday, September 11 to Tuesday, September 19
- The Totem Pole parking lot will be closed to the public, for use as a production area. Tour bus and accessible parking will be available on Stanley Park Drive.
Friday, September 15 and Saturday, September 16
- The Upper Cricket parking lot will be reserved for festival attendees. It will feature a designated area for ride-share drop-offs, pick-ups, and an accessible entrance.
- The Lower Avison Parking lot will be closed to the public, for use as crew parking.
For more details, please visit: greatoutdoorscomedyfestival.com/festival-info-vancouver External website, opens in new tab
For those cycling to the park, please be aware of recent traffic pattern changes, particularly in the Ceperley Meadow area. Please exercise caution, be mindful of other lane users and observe all signage in the area.
For those walking or riding through trails in park, be aware that some areas may be temporarily closed. This is to allow the Urban Forestry team to remove a number of dead trees affected by the ongoing hemlock looper moth infestation.
For your own safety and that of the crews, respect all trail closures and give staff plenty of space to work.