Outdoor weddings in parks
To hold an outdoor wedding ceremony in one of Vancouver's parks, you need a park wedding permit if:
- You have your heart set on a specific location
- You want to set up or decorate the area (with archways, canopies, chairs, and so on)
Popular outdoor wedding locations
The following park destinations are most popular for wedding ceremonies.
To have your wedding in another park that isn't listed below, write the park location in the "Preferred park locations" section of the Wedding Permit Application form and we will try to accommodate your request.
Spanish Banks West Extension
- Up to 120 people
- View of the ocean and the North Shore
- Choose from three designated areas. (The other areas will not be booked for other weddings during your reserved time.)
- Parking at West Extension lot
Brockton Point in Stanley Park
- Up to 75 people
- View of the ocean, Lions Gate bridge, and Canada Place
- Parking along Park Drive
Rose Garden in Stanley Park
- Up to 80 people
- View of the stunning rose garden
- Choose from two designated areas. (The other area will not be booked for other weddings during your reserved time.)
- Parking at Malkin Bowl and the Stanley Park service yard
Ferguson Point in Stanley Park
- Up to 100 people
- Gorgeous view of the ocean and English Bay
- Parking at Third Beach
Indoor weddings at gardens and park facilities
Step inside and be transported! Enclosed in a triodetic dome, Bloedel Conservatory is a lush year-round tropical garden with dazzling exotic plants and eye-catching birds.
Visit the Dr. Sun Yat-Sen Park and Classical Chinese Garden in Vancouver – a tranquil garden right in the heart of Chinatown. The park is located at 578 Carroll St, Vancouver, BC. 604-662-3207.
Queen Elizabeth Park is home to some of the most beautiful and well maintained gardens in the world and the Celebration Pavillion, a facility perfect for weddings and other special occasions. The park is located at 4600 Cambie St.
Visit VanDusen Botanical Garden located at 5251 Oak Street and be inspired by nature.
Amenities include a dance studio, gym, and playground. The centre is affiliated with the West End Community Centre and is located at 480 Broughton St, Vancouver, BC. 604-718-8222.
Amenities include a dance studio, boating centre, fitness centre, gym, childcare, and restaurant. The centre is located at 1 Athletes Way, Vancouver, BC. 604-257-3050.
Amenities include a dance studio, pottery studio, fitness centre, tennis courts, gym, water park, playground, a wharf/dock, boating programs including dragonboating and kayaking. The centre is located at 1318 Cartwright St, Vancouver, BC. 604-257-8195.
Amenities include a studio theatre and a cultural herb garden. The centre is located at 7646 Prince Albert St, Vancouver, BC. 604-718-6521.
Amenities include a 200-seat theatre, exhibition hall, dance studio, pottery studio, woodworking studio, gymnasium, and snack bar. The Centre is located at 181 Roundhouse Mews, Vancouver, BC. 604-713-1800.