About the operator
RainCity Housing and Support Society was selected by BC Housing as the operator in May 2013.
RainCity Housing is an experienced housing and shelter provider that works in Vancouver and throughout the region. They are committed to ensuring positive impacts to neighbours and addressing any issues that arise.
Temporary housing details
This temporary housing project will provide a transition step for the homeless, those at risk of homelessness, and long-term shelter users, before they move into permanent housing.
RainCity Housing is working closely with BC Housing on the tenant selection to ensure tenants will be successfully housed with minimal impacts to the community.
About the tenants:
- 50% street or sheltered homeless
- 20% at risk of homelessness
- 30% come from single room occupancy hotels or other inadequate housing
Priority is being given to homeless and at-risk residents from Mount Pleasant and those who have been in shelters a long time and are ready to move into housing.
Onsite support services
RainCity Housing will provide tenants the following on-site support services:
- 24/7 on-site staff
- One meal per day
- Individual or group support, such as education, employment, health, and life skills
- Referrals and links to community organizations and agencies for health services
BC Housing, the City, and RainCity are committed to community safety and are working with a variety of organizations and neighbours, including:
- Local school administrators
- The Parent Advisory Committee
- The Community Policing Centre
- The Business Improvement Association
The Operations Management Plan and Community Advisory Committee will play key roles in addressing concerns and helping to successfully integrate the building and its residents into the community.