Pay for parking
You have three options to pay for parking at meters and on-street pay stations:
- Credit card
Pay for parking by phone
The easiest way to pay by phone is to download the PayByPhone mobile app.
No credit card data is ever stored on your phone while using the mobile app.
You may also do either of the following to register to pay by phone:
- Visit the PayByPhone website
- Phone 604-909-PARK (604-909-7275)
What you will need to set up your account
Provide the following information when you set up your account:
- Cell phone number
- Credit card number (Visa or MasterCard)
- Licence plate number
After you set up your account, you can pay for parking. Use the mobile app or phone 604-909-PARK (604-909-7275) to pay.
Ensure you select the correct licence plate
When you pay for parking by phone, the licence plate on your active transaction must match the licence plate on the vehicle in the parking spot.
If they do not match, you can be ticketed. If phoning PayByPhone, the automated system will read the plate to you before asking for confirmation.
Benefits of pay parking by phone
- Save money: Pay only for the number of minutes you wish to park, with no transaction fee.
- Extend your time: Use the app, text, or call to extend your parking session.
- Get more: If you are parking after 6:00pm at a two-hour meter, you can pay for four continuous hours.
- Set reminders: Opt to have the system send you a text reminder* before your parking expires.
- Access receipts: Set your account to have receipts emailed to you.
Note: Delivery of text reminders depends on your service provider. The City of Vancouver is not responsible for late reminders. Regular texting charges apply.