Building and renovating
Vancouver Council and staff are always working to make the City's homes and buildings safer, healthier, and more accessible for all residents.
We work with other departments, levels of government, professional associations, and the public to:
- Reduce the carbon footprint created by Vancouver's homes
- Reduce the waste generated through building and renovating
- Enhance the safety and comfort of all residents, through inspections, permits, and regulations
- Enable improved design, construction, and operation of buildings
- Review alternate solutions to requirements in the City's building code