When do I need a reservation and permit?
We suggest you make a reservation and apply for permit when you want to:
- Be sure the field or facility is available exactly when you need it and first-come, first-serve is too uncertain for your needs
- Use a field or facility regularly for your league’s practices and games
- Schedule a tournament
- Use an artificial turf field
Leagues and teams that hold permits and have booked facilities in the past get scheduling priority. Many of them are leagues that are affiliated with Sport BC, and anyone can join the leagues.
Learn about these leagues and teams on the:
How to reserve a field, court, or diamond
To reserve an outdoor facility:
- View the facility schedule to make sure it is available.
- Complete the outdoor facilities reservation request form.
- The Park Board will contact you for payment and, if necessary, for your non-profit number and proof of insurance.
- If you reserved more than 4 hours of use, or if you reserved multiple dates, provide proof of insurance by fax or email. This includes the 3 co-insureds.
- Pay the reservation fee.
Once the Park Board accepts your reservation, payment, and insurance, you will receive a permit. Read and review all the disclaimers listed on your permit.
Find rates for reserving sport facilities, such as fields, baseball diamonds, basketball courts, volleyball courts, tennis courts, and squash and racquetball courts.
Find out about playing ball hockey, floor hockey, street hockey, and field hockey in Vancouver. Join a team, take a class, or find a field or gym where you can play.
Vancouver offers numerous softball and baseball diamonds throughout the city including the Nat Bailey Stadium which hosts the Vancouver Canadians and UBC Thunderbirds. You can also join at softball teams or leagues or sign up for classes with many community centres in Vancouver.
The Vancouver Park Board has 8 racquetball or squash courts in 6 different community centres. Find out where you can play and take lessons in these high-paced, aerobic sports.
In Vancouver, soccer has one of the longest playing seasons of any sport. Whether you want to find a soccer field, sign up for lessons, join a team or league, or just find out who to watch and where, there are many opportunities to enjoy soccer in Vancouver.
Whether you are a beginner or experienced tennis player, you will find lots of opportunities to play in Vancouver. Find a tennis court, sign up for tennis lessons, or join a tennis club.
Vancouver has many options for playing volleyball. Find out about using indoor and outdoor volleyball courts, joining a volleyball league, or taking a volleyball course or workshop.