Register for fitness training
You can work with a certified trainer at a Vancouver fitness centre.
If you're new to fitness or need a change in your routine, book a free fitness consultation at any fitness centre operated by the Vancouver Park Board (listed below).
The consultation is a great introduction to our facilities and services where you:
- Get a personalized workout program
- Learn to do exercises correctly and safely with support and feedback
- Get tools to exercise on your own with confidence
For consultations at fitness centres operated by Community Centre Associations, please contact those centres directly.
Work with a personal trainer
You can book 1, 3, 5, or 10 sessions, either privately or with a friend. Your first session may include a discussion of your goals, an assessment of your fitness level, an introduction to the equipment, and suggestions for proceeding. Session times depend on trainer availability and facility hours.
The following procedure applies to most fitness centres, but some centres may ask for different documents and offer different services. Confirm with the centre of your choice when you register.
How to register for personal training
- If you want, browse personal trainer profiles to find a trainer whose specialty matches your interests.
- Register for a personal training program online or in person at the fitness centre of your choice.
- Before the first session, download, complete, and obtain these documents:
- A Personal Trainer Request Form (563 KB)
- A Physical Activity Readiness Questionnaire form (PAR-Q+) (190 KB)
- If you are pregnant: PARmed-X (307 KB)
- If you answered "yes" to any of the questions on the PAR-Q+ form, a note from your doctor or physiotherapist is required. The note must confirm that you can proceed with fitness training.
- Before the first session, either scan and email the forms to firstname.lastname@example.org, or bring them to the fitness centre where you want to train.
- Expect a message from fitness centre staff within three business days. Staff will process your registration after they have received your completed forms.
- On the day of your first session, wear comfortable clothing.
Book a free fitness centre consultation
The consultation includes up to three free sessions with our highly-trained fitness centre staff.
Regular fitness centre admission fees apply.
- Session 1: Learn how to use the equipment, get a personalized fitness program, and receive a card to track your progress.
- Session 2: Get your exercise technique monitored and your fitness program questions answered.
- Session 3: Receive additional support or motivation that you may need.
You must be 13 years and older to use Park Board-operated fitness centres.
How to book a free fitness introduction
- Contact the fitness centre of your choice to schedule a date and time.
- Before the day of your session, print and complete these documents:
- Consent & Release form (263 KB)
- A Physical Activity Readiness Questionnaire (PAR-Q):
- If you are 70 years of age or older, or if you answered "yes" to any of the questions on the PAR-Q & You form, a note from your doctor or physiotherapist. The note must confirm that you can proceed with fitness training.
- On the day of your session, bring the required documents with you and wear comfortable clothing.