Community garden resources
Are you interested in starting a community garden on City or private property?
Here is a selection of resources you can use to organize, plan, and design your garden.
City of Vancouver community garden guidelines and policies
- Community gardens/urban agriculture on City-owned land (185 KB)
- Community gardens/urban agriculture on Park land
Planning and design resources
- Urban Agriculture Garden Guide: Manual for Starting and Designing Urban Agriculture Projects (2015) (27 MB)
- Accessible Community Garden Guidelines (2011) (51 KB)
- Growing Gardens: A Resource Package on How to Start Your Own Community Garden (UBC Geography project 2007) (800 KB)
- Growing Community Gardens: A Guide to Farming Food in Vancouver (VCAN 2007)
- Community greening resources (Evergreen)