The Vancouver Rent Bank
The Vancouver Rent Bank (VRB) aims to increase housing stability by preventing evictions or the loss of essential utilities.
- One-time interest-free loans to low-income people in temporary financial crisis
- Advocacy and referral services
The Vancouver Rent Bank is funded by the
- City of Vancouver
- Streetohome Foundation
- Vancouver Foundation
Program partners have also agreed to support the initiative through expertise and other services.
- Vancity will provide micro-loans advice to help facilitate the approval process
- BC Hydro Power Smart kits will be provided to eligible clients to help reduce overall expenses and energy consumption
- UBC Department of Economics will help with data collection and analysis
- The Network of Inner City Community Services Society (NICCSS) will administer the Rent Bank