How your purchase works
Regardless of how you choose to purchase your permit, your application is treated the same way:
- You complete your purchase either online, by phone, or in person
- Three hours after applying, your licence plate number is transferred into the parking enforcement database, and you may begin parking on the street in your zone
- Within 10 business days, your new permit will be mailed to the residential address you provided (assuming your application is approved).
(If you do not receive your permit in the mail within 10 business days, phone 3-1-1.)
- Stick your decal to your windshield immediately after you receive it, otherwise your vehicle may be ticketed.
Parking permit conditions
To make sure everyone has access to available on-street parking in their neighbourhoods:
- Your permit is only valid in the zone indicated on your decal.
- You cannot alter your permit in any way.
- The licence plate of your vehicle must match the licence plate printed on the decal.
- If you move, change your vehicle, or change your licence plate, your permit is no longer valid.
- If your permit has not yet expired, you must return your decal in person to our parking permit office.
If you live in the parking permit zone, have valid car insurance registered to your name and address, have a valid email address, and want to pay by credit card, you can purchase your parking permit online.
If you live in the parking permit zone, have valid car insurance registered to your name and address, have a valid email address, and want to pay by credit card, you can purchase your parking permit over the phone by calling 3-1-1.
If you wish to pay for your permit by cash, cheque, or debit card - or you are not the registered owner or lessee of the vehicle - you must purchase your permit in person.