Buy your annual residential parking permit in person

Have a Commercial Drive or West End parking permit?

Remember to renew your parking permit

Did you know your annual parking permit expires May 31, 2017?

Buy your permit for the coming year starting May 1.

West End permit prices increase September 1, 2017. Buy your permit now for an exemption to new prices.

You will need to buy your residential parking permit in person if:

  • You wish to pay by cash, cheque, or debit card (credit card cheques are not accepted).
  • You are not the registered owner or lessee of the vehicle.

To uphold your privacy and protect you from fraud, we need your permission to allow ICBC to share your vehicle and insurance information with us. Therefore, you are required to apply for your permit in person, rather than send a spouse or a friend.

Year-round locations to buy, refund, and replace permits

All permit zones

Revenue Services, Ground Floor
City Hall
453 West 12th Avenue

Monday to Friday (except holidays): 8:30am to 5:00pm

West End and Robson North permit zones only

West End Community Centre
870 Denman Street

Monday to Friday (except holidays): 9:00am to 1:00pm, 2:00pm to 5:00pm

Extended hours at West End Community Centre

Date Time
Friday, May 26 9:00am – 7:30pm
Saturday, May 27 9:00am – 2:00pm
Monday, May 29 9:00am – 7:30pm
Tuesday, May 30 9:00am – 7:30pm
Wednesday, May 31 9:00am – 7:30pm

Documents you need to bring with you

To verify your identification and address, we need to see documents related to your situation.

Click "Show more" next to the situation that applies to you, below, to find out the required documents and rules.

Registered owners or lessees

Drivers of someone else's vehicle (principal operator identified)

Drivers of a company vehicle (no principal operator identified)

Dual residents

Homecare providers

Students from outside British Columbia

How to attach your decal

Peel off the liner and stick the decal in the following place:

  • Cars: on the inside, lower-left corner of the driver's side windshield
  • Motorcycle: on the left, front fork
  • Scooter: under the front of the seat, on the seat support

Your vehicle may be ticketed and towed if you stick your decal on with any other method, such as tape or plastic.

Do not give your decal to another driver. They are non-transferrable.