Did you know your annual parking permit expires March 31, 2017?
Buy your permit for the coming year starting March 1.
Before you phone
1. Have up-to-date insurance and registration
Check that your ICBC insurance and registration show your current address within the permit zone. To update the documents, see an Autoplan broker in person.
2. Apply for your permit yourself
To uphold your privacy and protect you from fraud, we need your permission to allow ICBC to share your vehicle and insurance information with us. Therefore, you are required to apply for your permit yourself, rather than ask your spouse or a friend.
3. Have these items ready
- Your valid ICBC insurance and registration, which shows you own or lease your vehicle on page 1
- A valid Visa, MasterCard, or American Express credit card
- A valid email address
Receiving your new permit
Three hours after paying by phone, you can start parking in the zone you purchased a permit for.
Within 10 business days, we will mail the permit decal that you affix to your car to the the residential address you provided. If you do not receive your permit in the mail within 10 business days, please phone 3-1-1.
If your application is denied, you will receive an email (usually the next business day) that your application was unsuccessful and your credit card payment will be refunded. You will then have until noon the next day to move your vehicle from the permit zone.
Not the registered owner or lessee of the vehicle?
If you're not the registered owner or lessee of the vehicle, you must purchase your parking permit in person.
Peel off the liner and stick the decal in the following place:
- Cars: on the inside, lower-left corner of the driver's side windshield
- Motorcycle: on the left, front fork
- Scooter: under the front of the seat, on the seat support
Your vehicle may be ticketed and towed if you stick your decal on with any other method, such as tape or plastic.
Do not give your decal to another driver. They are non-transferrable.