Summary of employee benefits
The City is proud of its commitment to employee career development. We approach learning as a partnership between our organization, managers, and employees.
Our goal is to create an environment where employees can increase their knowledge and skills. Career development allows employees to advance their careers and improves the quality of service delivered to Vancouver's businesses, residents, and visitors.
Our internal training department offers workshops and seminars on personal finances, retirement planning, stress management, career development, and more.
The City recognizes the importance of work-life balance for all employees. We encourage this balance by offering the following benefits, programs, and services:
- Complete health care coverage, including dental services, based on your employee group and employment status
- Options for sustainable and affordable commuting, including reduced Translink passes
- An "earned days off" (EDO) program
- Free and confidential counseling services
- Fitness and wellness workshops, events, and programs, plus gym equipment, shower facilities, and bike racks
- Programs that help maintain a safe and healthy working environment.
- Job sharing
- Sick days and leaves of absence