Park Board Vice-Chair Erin Shum
Commissioner Erin Shum joins the Park Board for a first term. Raised in East Vancouver’s Renfrew Heights neighbourhood, she is a small business owner and educator, and has been actively involved in the community since childhood.
Commissioner Shum is the co-owner and director of She to Shic Boutique Beauty Lounge, an eco-friendly and organic spa in Kerrisdale. She also works as a special education assistant, specializing in students with autism spectrum disorder. Commissioner Shum received the Duke of Edinburgh Award before the age of 21, and served two terms on the board for the Learning Disabilities Association of Vancouver. She earned a degree from UBC, specializing in forest genetics.
Commissioner Shum’s goals are to advocate for universal accessibility to community resources and renovation of aging facilities, and to encourage revenue-generating attractions such as music festivals and art exhibits in the city’s parks.
She is an active community volunteer and currently works with the Lotus Light Charity Society, helping raise funds and daily necessities for residents of Vancouvers Downtown Eastside.
Liaison to community centre associations
- Hastings Community Association
- Kensington Community Association
- Killarney Community Centre Society
- Kitsilano War Memorial Community Association
- Renfrew Park Community Association
- Chinatown Historic Area Planning Committee
- LGBTQ2+ Advisory Committee
- Renters Advisory Committee
- Seniors Advisory Committee