In-house research in the Archives Reading Room
You'll have to bring along your photo ID and fill out a registration form.
Reference guides to help you navigate the Archives
These reference guides will provide you with an introduction to some of the records that are most frequently requested at the Archives.
- City directories (1 MB)
- City of Vancouver annual reports (95 KB)
- Environmental site assessments (267 KB)
- Fire insurance and sectional maps (1.5 MB)
- Maritime history (234 KB)
- Neighbourhoods (190 KB)
- Research buildings and houses (1 MB)
Archivists and reference staff
Archivists and reference staff are available from 10am to 5pm to:
- Discuss projects and strategies.
- Point out possible archival sources.
- Show you how to use the finding aids.
Request items from the stacks
You can request items from the stacks between 10am and 4:30pm. All stack items must be returned by 4:45pm.