Speak at a City Council meeting
You are welcome to speak to City Council or the Park Board, but only about items on the agenda for that particular meeting.
Meetings of City Council
Speakers are heard at:
- Standing committees meetings
- Public hearings
- Special Council meetings
Speakers are not heard at regular Council meetings. If you want to speak to an item on the agenda of a regular Council meeting, you will be referred to a standing committee.
Signing up to speak
Sign up after the meeting agenda is announced, usually one week before the meeting. You will be added to the speakers list for that meeting.
Contact the City Clerk's Office by:
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: 3-1-1
- Fax: 604-873-7419
- Mail: 3rd Floor, City Hall, 453 W 12th Avenue, Vancouver, BC, V5Y 1V4
The deadline to sign up for:
- Morning meetings is the day before meeting starts
- Afternoon or evening meetings is at least two hours before the meeting starts
Just before the meeting
You can also sign up in person, up to 10 minutes before the meeting begins.