If you needed a building permit, a development permit, or a development-building permit to do electrical work, you will need at least one inspection. Several inspections are needed for most construction or renovation projects.
- If an inspection request is received before 2:00pm on a business day, the inspection will be booked for the following business day.
- If an inspection request is received any time during the weekend or on a holiday, the inspection will be booked for two business days later.
- If you are requesting a specific time for an inspection, call the district inspector during office hours to make arrangements.
- The length of the inspection itself will vary, depending on how much work must be inspected, and what the inspector finds once on site.
- The inspector will issue a certificate of inspection while on the site, whether it is a pass or fail.
Booking an inspection
To book an inspection for permitted work, call one of the following:
- 3-1-1 (outside Vancouver 604-873-7000)
- the 24-hour Electrical Inspection line at 604-873-7059
When you request an inspection, have the following information on hand:
- Permit Number
- Address of inspection site
- Type of inspection required
All requests made before 2:00pm will be booked for the following business day.