Community Arts Grant Program
Is your group planning a community-based art project or event?
Your group may be eligible for grant money for planning, running, or promoting that event or project.
These high-demand funds are available just once per year.
Review the information guides below and contact Cultural Services to discuss your group's eligibility and receive an application form.
|Applications available||January 2017|
- Vancouver-based not-for-profit organizations, community service co-ops registered with BC Registry Service, registered charity with the Canada Revenue Agency, or First Nation Band Councils
- In operation for at least six months before the application deadline
Arts and cultural activities that engage communities, such as:
- Festivals, celebrations, and major parades
- Community arts projects
- Artist residency within a neighbourhood or community
- Neighbourhood or community art plans
- Public art projects
- Projects which are not focused on artistic or cultural activities
- Sporting events
- Demonstrations, marches, and rallies
How to apply
- Read the Community Arts Grants information guide (145 KB).
New for 2017! If your non-profit society is considering a 1-time public art project, read the Public Art Community Grants information guide (224 KB). Please note that this is a separate grant program with a different deadline date.
These information guides have details about:
- Program objectives
- Eligible applicants, projects, and activities
- Grant funding uses and amounts
- Assessment of applications
- Conditions of assistance
- Contact a cultural planner to discuss your eligibility and benefit from valuable advice:
- If your group and project are eligible, we email you a link to the online application form for you to complete.