Community Arts Grant Program
Is your group planning a community-based art project or event?
Your group may be eligible for grant money for planning, running, or promoting that event or project.
These high-demand funds are available just once per year.
Please review the information guide below and contact Cultural Services to discuss your group's eligibility and receive an application form.
2016 guidelines available below
|Applications available||January 20, 2016|
February 18, 2016, 3:00pm to 4:30pm
February 23, 2016, 3:00pm to 4:30pm
|Applications due||March 2, 2016|
- Vancouver-based not-for-profit organizations, community service co-ops registered with BC Registry Service, registered charity with the Canada Revenue Agency, or First Nation Band Councils
- In operation for at least six months before the application deadline
Arts and cultural activities that engage communities, such as:
- Festivals, celebrations, and major parades
- Community arts projects
- Artist residency within a neighbourhood or community
- Neighbourhood or community art plans
- Public art projects
- Projects which are not focused on artistic or cultural activities
- Sporting events
- Demonstrations, marches, and rallies
How to apply
- Read the 2016 Community Arts Grants general information guide (331 KB).
- New for 2016! If your non-profit society is considering a public art project, read the Community arts grants public art projects guidelines (100 KB).
These information guides have details about:
- Program objectives
- Eligible applicants, projects, and activities
- Grant funding uses and amounts
- Assessment of applications
- Conditions of assistance
- Contact us to discuss your eligibility and benefit from valuable advice.
- If your group and project are eligible, we email you a link to the online application form for you to complete.
Application workshop on February 18, 2016, 3:00pm to 4:30 pm
Register for a free workshop and walk-through of the grant application form and process with Cultural Services staff.
At the event, you'll learn about recent changes to the grant program and receive advice on how to complete the online application form.