Note: Organizations must meet with staff before they apply to discuss their proposed projects.
You can apply for this grant if:
- Your organization is a Vancouver-based, registered non-profit society with a volunteer Board of Directors
- Your organization has a cultural mandate and programming
Your organization is not eligible if:
- Your focus is health care, education, sports, recreation, or religion
- You are currently being considered for a cultural amenity space in Vancouver
- You have been based in a cultural amenity space in Vancouver for less than one year
- Planning studies
- Buying, building, renovating, or expanding a cultural facility
- Regular or routine repair and maintenance
- Part of ongoing, day-to-day operations
- Work that is already underway or completed
- Administrative costs not directly related to the project
- Projects not located in Vancouver
Before you fill in an application, contact Cultural Services staff for valuable advice and tips.
Cultural Spaces Self-Assessment Checklist (43 KB)
An 8-page tool to help your organization with its space planning projects. The Self-Assessment Checklist uses the same basic criteria for assessment that the Cultural Infrastructure Assessment Committee will use to review your application. Your project application will be strengthened by considering the topics contained in the checklist.
Guidelines for Scope of Work for Procurement of Good and Services (104 KB)
A Scope of Work answers the who-why-what-how-how much questions and should be used to solicit comparable and competitive bids from organizations who wish to provide goods and services. Download the document to review the elements that should be included in a Scope of Work.
Guidelines for Memorandum of Understanding (61 KB)
Use this guide to help you draw up a Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) or Partnership Agreement between collaborating organizations.
Cultural Spaces Organization Readiness (34 KB)
This easy-to-use checklist helps you determine your organization's financial and planning readiness.
Required documentation when applying