Giving Vancouver's youth a strong voice
Council and staff work to engage Vancouver's young residents, and ensure that youth have a strong voice in municipal decision-making.
Our goals are to:
- Ensure youth have a place in the city
- Ensure a strong youth voice in decision-making
- Promote youth and their contributions as a resource to the City
- Strengthen the support base for youth in Vancouver
To achieve this, we have developed an online web portal, where youth can go to interact with City Hall, find out about opportunities to get involved with the community, find available youth organizations, and more.
Many Vancouver Park Board community centres have community youth workers, adult allies that help youth develop their strengths and skills in many ways:
- Facilitate positive and fun experiences for youth
- Encourage pre-teens and youth to be active in their communities
- Help reduce barriers to participation for youth
- Work with youth to plan and implement youth-driven programs and events
- Provide volunteer training and opportunities
Meet your community youth workers
Your donation to the Park Board Youth Services Fund will be used to develop youth-driven programs, events, and leadership initiatives.
Some events and initiatives that were planned and implemented by youth include an anti-bullying event, Vancouver Youth Week, multicultural events, and winter care packages for the homeless.
We will also use your donation to reduce barriers to participation in recreation for youth.
Council is creating a safer, stronger, more inclusive Vancouver, by working with youth and their families to tackle racism, discrimination, and bullying.
Get free information, tools, and resources to help teens make safe and healthy choices, and form lasting relationships with mentors and peers.
We offer a full range of sport, recreational, social, cultural, and educational programs for youth. Find the dates, times, and locations for youth programs in your area.
Are you thinking of a career in firefighting? Learn about our special youth programs that give elite groups of high school students the total firefighting experience.
Visit the VancouverYouth web portal to get involved with the community and interact with City Hall.
"Children, Youth, and Families in Vancouver" is a City report designed to help civic and community partners make service and program decisions.
Get the report