This electronic version is amended up to June 14, 2016.
(Note to subscribers: The most recent paper update package – June 2016 Zoning and Development Bylaw (3.67 MB) – is amended up to June 14, 2016. Subsequent amendments which may appear in this electronic consolidation will be included in a future update package.)
Explanation of amendments since January 1, 2016
- Certain sections and District Schedules have been updated, specifically regard definition of theatre, sites in flood plains, laneway house, neighbourhood grocery stores, bonus density and miscellaneous amendments, effective May 3, 2016.
- Section 2, (135 KB) Section 11 (325 KB) and all District Schedules have been amended to allow for urban farming in a variety of zones, effective April 5, 2016.
- Appendix E (638 KB) – Zoning and Development Fee Bylaw No. 5585 – has been amended to include a heritage conservation area in the requirement for a permit for the maintenance or minor repair of a building, structure, use or site, effective March 8, 2016.
- The First Shaughnessy District Schedule (70 KB) has been amended with respect to uses, floor area exclusions and building depth, effective March 8, 2016.
- The RM-9, RM-9A, RM-9N, RM-9AN (88 KB) District Schedule has replaced the former RM-9 and RM-9N District Schedule, effective February 2, 2016
- Appendix E (638 KB) - Zoning and Development Fee Bylaw No. 5585 - has been amended to reflect new fees, effective January 1, 2016
- Appendix H (28 KB) - Miscellaneous Fees (Planning) Bylaw No. 5664 - has been amended to reflect new fees, effective January 1, 2016
- Appendix I (19 KB) has been updated to include all amending by-laws enacted in 2013.
RA-1 District Schedule (Limited Agriculture)
RS District Schedules (One-Family Dwelling)
RT District Schedules (Two-Family Dwelling)
RM District Schedules (Multiple Dwelling)
C District Schedules (Commercial)
M & I District Schedules (Industrial)
HA District Schedules (Historic Area)
CD Districts (Comprehensive Development)
- Appendix A (75 KB) - Extracts From the Vancouver Charter Concerning Planning Powers
- Appendix C (67 KB) - Development Permit Board and Advisory Panel Bylaw No. 5869
- Appendix D (170 KB) - Board of Variance Bylaw No. 3844
- Appendix E (638 KB) - Zoning and Development Fee Bylaw No. 5585
- Appendix F (22 KB) - Urban Design Panel Bylaw No. 4722
- Appendix G (40 KB) - Policies and Guidelines Adopted by City Council
- Appendix H (28 KB) - Miscellaneous Fees (Planning) Bylaw No. 5664
- Appendix I (19 KB) - List of Amending By-laws to Bylaw 3575
- Appendix J (9 KB) - Table of Metric/Imperial Equivalents
- Appendix K (73 KB) - Heritage Bylaw No. 4837
- Appendix L (8 KB) - Facilitate Demolition For Social Housing
- Appendix M - Establish a Notice Period for Demolitions Pursuant to the Residential Tenancy Act Bylaw No. 6895 - Repealed on November 1, 2005