What you need to know
You will be required to report your annual energy use and carbon emissions starting in:
- January 2025 for all large multi-family buildings in Vancouver greater than or equal to 9,290 metre2 (100,000 feet2)
- January 2026 for buildings greater than or equal to 4,645 metre2 (50,000 feet2)
Note Annual energy and carbon reports for buildings will need to be completed and submitted to us using ENERGY STAR Portfolio Manager (ESPM) External website, opens in new tab.
When support is available
Support is available:
- For 100 buildings
- From March to October 2023
We're offering free consultant support to 100 multi-family buildings in Vancouver to:
- Benchmark their energy use and carbon emissions in 2023
- Report to us ahead of the regulation in 2025
Benefits of participating in the program
- Setting up a clean and complete ENERGY START Portfolio Manager (ESPM) building profile with the help of a consultant and sharing it with us means less effort for the building owner to comply with the regulations starting in 2025.
- Building owners can use the benchmarking information to guide energy efficiency upgrade plans and cost savings.
- Program brochure PDF file (405 KB)