Co-op housing home owner grants

2016 tax due dates

Advance taxes: Tuesday, February 2

Main taxes: Tuesday, July 5

Home owner grant: Tuesday, July 5

Property taxes for co-ops are based on their tax rate and your unit share of the co-op itself.

If you own a share in a co-op, you may be eligible to claim a Home Owner Grant to reduce the property taxes you pay.

How to apply for a home owner grant

Co-op owners, together, need to:

  1. Complete a form called Form A to claim their home owner grants and calculate each owner's share of property tax. Form A includes a Certificate of Eligible Occupants and an Owner’s Certificate.
  2. Send their jointly-completed Form A, along with their individual property tax payments, to us by the tax due date to avoid any penalties.

Instructions to complete Form A Completing form A PDF (142 KB)

Download Form A

2016 home owner grant threshold increased to $1.2 million

In 2016 the home owner grant threshold of assessed value is $1.2 million (from $1.1 million in 2015). The grant is reduced by $5.00 for each $1,000.00 above the threshold.

  • The basic grant is eliminated when the assessed value reaches $1.314 million
  • The additional grant is eliminated when the assessed value reaches $1.369 million

If you have concerns about the threshold change, please contact the Province of BC's Home Owner Grant Administration Branch: