The awards jury includes three members of the Vancouver Heritage Commission and two members of the public.
- Projects must have been completed within the last six years.
- Projects, including advocacy efforts, that have previously received a City of Vancouver Heritage Award are not eligible.
- The jury reserves the right to not give awards in any of the levels of recognition.
We accept nominations for accomplishments, projects, and efforts that:
- Restore, rehabilitate, adaptively re-use, or continually maintain a heritage building or structure, a significant part of its interior, or its characteristic features
- Use innovative engineering techniques, or restoration and conservation methods, to upgrade a heritage building or structure, which may include seismic upgrading
- Preserve a heritage landscape or other natural feature
- Advocate for the preservation of a heritage site or increase public awareness of heritage issues
- Create publications, education programs, exhibits, or activities that promote heritage conservation
- Revitalize a community or neighbourhood based on heritage conservation or awareness
Discover the people, buildings, and projects that received Heritage Awards for the years: