Celebrate a special occasion or honour someone's legacy by dedicating a bench or picnic table in a Vancouver park.
Ten-year dedication: $4,000
Your donation will fund a dedication on a park bench or picnic table for ten years.
Legacy dedication: $25,000
A legacy dedication is funded through an endowment. Your donation will establish a named endowment that provides sustainable funding for the continuous care of a dedicated park bench and preservation of your favourite park.
Create a dedication
Renew or extend a current dedication
Please contact Fundraising and Development (see the contact on this page).
- Dedications are tax deductible. A tax receipt will be issued for your donation less $500 (non-tax deductible) which represents the recognition value of the plaque.
- Group funding is available. A fund can be set up for a 3 year period to collect donations. The dedication will be installed once the donation has been fulfilled.
- All dedications include a single bronze plaque for inscription (maximum of 3 lines of text and 40 characters per line, including spaces and punctuation).
- The plaque can be changed. The cost is $500 (non-tax deductible).
- Installation takes up to four months once funding and plaque wording is received.
- Installation of a plaque change takes up to two months.
- Sites are available in most parks; there is no waiting list. Contact Fundraising and Development to ask about availability.
- Available sites can be identified as any bench in a park that either has no plaque or has a promotional plaque.
- New sites are only added as new parks are developed or existing parks are redeveloped.
- Funding in full is required before a park amenity is installed.
- For 10-year dedications, the term begins when the park amenity is installed.
- You will be contacted once the dedication has been installed.
- The Park Board cannot guarantee installation dates.
- At the end of the 10-year term, you will be contacted with options to renew the dedication. If you choose not to renew, the site will be made available for others to dedicate.
- It is your responsibility to advise the Park Board of changes to your contact information. Please ensure your contact information is current so that we can keep you informed.
- The City of Vancouver does not allow spreading ashes in public spaces.
- Donations for items such as dedicated park benches do not constitute ownership of the item, the land upon which it is situated, or the surrounding lands. The Park Board retains the right to use land adjacent to these donated items as it deems appropriate. We will inform you of any changes, and offer an alternate site if changes are made to the surrounding area.