The committee welcomes members:
- Of all ages, genders, city neighbourhoods, racial origins, income levels and sexual orientations, and persons with disabilities
- Who live or work in Vancouver, or have a significant body of experience with Vancouver issues
- Who can show relevant experience, knowledge, abilities, or skills
- Being nominated by a community group working on related issues
- Being able to speak a second language
15 voting members (8 is quorum) with 12 appointed from the community and three appointed from the Mayor's Working Group on Immigration and Refugees.
Committee members are selected through the City of Vancouver's Civic Committee public selection process.
The Committee Chair is selected by the members at the first meeting for the Council term of the Committee.
Current committee members will serve until November 4, 2018.
Members must reapply to be reappointed.
- Francisco Barajas
- Craig Busch
- Nellie Cheng
- Serena Ko
- Thanh Lam
- Paola Murillo
- Nicolas Slobinsky
- Will Tao
- Natalia Terekhova
- Fatimah Yasin
- City Council: Councillor Geoff Meggs
- Park Board: Commissioner Stuart Mackinnon
- Staff: Baldwin Wong, Social Policy
- Staff: Rajpal Kohli, Equal Opportunity Program