The Committee is comprised of 15 voting members (8 is quorum).
The Committee welcomes members:
- With or without disabilities, regardless of age, gender, neighbourhood, racial origin, income level, or sexual orientation
- Who live or work in Vancouver, or have a significant body of experience with Vancouver issues
- Who can show relevant experience, knowledge, abilities or skills related to the committee’s work
- Being nominated by a community group working on related issues is an asset
Committee members are selected through the City of Vancouver's Civic Committee public selection process.
The Committee Chair is selected by the members at the first meeting for the Council term of the Committee.
Committee members appointed in 2016 will serve until November 4, 2018.
Members must reapply to be reappointed.
- Tasia Alexis
- Kristina Baerg
- Varun Banthia
- Zvonimir Basic
- Peter Brown
- Cathy Browne
- Jacques Courteau
- Mary-Jo Fetterly
- Paul Gauthier
- Chelsea Hitchen
- Laura Mackenrot
- Jocelyn Maffin
- Isla Robertson
- Anita Rudolph
- Leanore Vlug
- City Council: Councillor George Affleck
- City Council: Councillor Melissa De Genova
- Park Board: Commissioner Michael Wiebe
- Vancouver Public Library: Christopher Kevlahan