The Committee is comprised of 15 voting members (8 is quorum).
The Committee welcomes members:
- With or without disabilities, regardless of age, gender, neighbourhood, racial origin, income level, or sexual orientation
- Who live or work in Vancouver, or have a significant body of experience with Vancouver issues
- Who can show relevant experience, knowledge, abilities or skills related to the committee’s work
- Being nominated by a community group working on related issues is an asset
Committee members are selected through the City of Vancouver's Civic Committee public selection process.
The Committee Chair is selected by the members at the first meeting for the Council term of the Committee.
Committee members appointed in 2015 will serve until February 28, 2017.
Members must reapply to be reappointed.
- Tasia Alexis
- Peter Brown
- Cathy Browne, Vice-Chair
- Jacques Courteau
- Mary-Jo Fetterly
- Paul Gauthier, Co-Chair
- Brian Gibney
- Darcie Kerr
- Laura Mackenrot
- Jocelyn Maffin
- Tom Patch, Co-Chair
- Leanor Vlug
- Daniel Ward
- Sandy Yee
- City Council: Councillor George Affleck
- City Council: Councillor Melissa De Genova
- Park Board: Commissioner Michael Wiebe
- School Board: Trustee Christopher Richardson
- Vancouver Public Library: Stephanie Kripps
- City Staff: Robyn Newton, Social Policy and Projects