Construction and demolition waste disposal at the landfill
Some types of construction and demolition waste are accepted for a fee at the Vancouver Landfill from Monday to Friday, 7:30am to 3:00pm, excluding holidays.
As of July 4, 2016, all drivers hauling construction and demolition waste to the landfill will be required to have a fall protection harness and a mandatory training session for the tarp removal system and for the safe dumping of long tipping boxes.
Accepted construction and demolition waste
- Wood that has not been treated with creosote: minimum 80% of the load volume
- Soft construction materials, such as plastic, carpet, and insulation: maximum 2% of load volume
- Roofing materials
- Yard trimmings and land clearing waste (small quantities only, unless shredded)
The following materials are not accepted:
- Wood that has been treated with creosote
- Recyclable materials such as drywall, concrete, metal, corrugated cardboard, and tires
- Hazardous or banned waste
- Household garbage
- Buckets, drums, and other containers for liquids