Mattress, futon, and box spring recycling fee
|$15.00 per item |
- Landfill: 8 items
- Transfer Station: 4 items
- Landfill and Transfer Station
NOTE: One mattress and box spring set is two items.
Mattresses with bedbugs
Mattresses with bedbugs can be recycled at the Transfer Station and Landfill—depending on the level of contamination—for the mattress recycling fee.
Prepare a mattress with bedbugs for safe transport, handling, and recycling.
- Wrap it in a plastic mattress bag or plastic sheeting (for sale at shops selling mattresses or moving supplies).
- Seal it.
- Label it “contains bedbugs”.
To recycle more than the maximum amount of mattresses accepted at the Transfer Station or Landfill, first contact a private mattress recycling company. If you cannot find a company to recycle the mattresses, dispose them at the Landfill for a fee.
- Find a mattress recycling company using Yellow Pages
- Dispose of a large quantity of mattresses with bed bugs at the Landfill
Vancouver Coastal Health has a guide about controlling bedbugs.